How To Use Bluetooth - Samsung Gear Fit
Learn how to use Bluetooth on your Samsung Gear Fit. Install Gear Fit Manager on the mobile device and connect the Gear Fit to the device using Bluetooth.
- To avoid problems when connecting your Gear Fit to another mobile device, place the devices close to each other.
- Ensure that your Gear Fit and the other Bluetooth device are within the Bluetooth connection range (30 feet). The distance may vary depending on the environment in which the devices are used.
- Ensure that there are no obstacles between your Gear Fit and a connected mobile device, including human bodies, walls, corners, or fences.
- Do not touch the Bluetooth antenna of a connected mobile device.
- Bluetooth uses the same frequency as some industrial, scientific, medical, and low power products and may interfere when making connections near these types of products.
- Always ensure that you share and receive data with devices that are trusted and properly secured. If there are obstacles between the devices, the operating distance may be reduced.
- Some devices, especially those that are not tested or approved by the Bluetooth SIG, may be incompatible with your Gear Fit.
- Do not use the Bluetooth feature for illegal purposes (for example, pirating copies of files or illegally tapping communications for commercial purposes).
Samsung is not responsible for the repercussion of illegal use of the Bluetooth feature.
Connecting the Gear Fit to a Mobile Device
Install Gear Fit Manager on the mobile device and connect the Gear Fit to the device using Bluetooth.
Note: You cannot install Gear Fit Manager on mobile devices that do not support Gear Fit syncing. Ensure that your mobile device is compatible with a Gear Fit.
- Turn on the Gear Fit device.
- From the Gear Fit, read the download information in the displayed window and tap > icon. The model details display.
- From the Mobile device, down the Gear Fit Manager from Samsung Apps.
- From the Mobile device Apps screen, tap Gear Fit Manager.
- From the Mobile device, select the Gear Fit model name (e.g. Gear Fit (0000)) from Step 2.
- From the Mobile device, tap OK when the Bluetooth pairing request window displays.
- From the Gear Fit, tap when the connection window displays.
Note: The Install window displays on the Mobile device. The Install window may not display depending on the software version.
- From the Mobile device, read and agree to the terms and conditions, and follow the displayed instructions. The Gear Fit Manager displays on the mobile device. The Gear Fit Manager application guide opens.
Note: You can adjust the Gear Fits configuration in Gear Fit Manager.
- From the Gear Fit device, select the dominant hand and tap . When the devices are connected, the clock screen displays on the Gear Fit.
Note: Connection methods and screenshots may vary depending on the type of device and the devices software version.
When connecting the Gear Fit to another mobile device.
Reset the Gear Fit if you want to connect the Gear Fit to a newly purchased mobile device or to another mobile device for the first time. Resetting the Gear Fit removes the data from the memory. After the reset, you can connect the Gear Fit to a different mobile device.
Note: If the Gear Fits battery is completely discharged, charge the battery before connecting the Gear Fit to the mobile device. Do not connect the Gear Fit to another mobile device. Doing so can cause data loss.