How To Use Podcasts On iPhone 5
Learn how to use Podcasts on your iPhone 5. Download the free Podcasts app from the App Store, then browse, subscribe to, and play your favorite audio and video podcasts.
- Browse the full catalog: Tap Catalog, then tap any podcast that interests you.
- Browse the most popular podcasts: Tap Top Stations (if you dont see it, tap Library first). Swipe left or right to change the category, or swipe up or down to browse the current category. Tap i browse icon a podcast to preview the latest episode, or tap to see a list of episodes.
- Stream an episode: Tap any episode.
- Download an episode so you can listen to it when youre not connected to Wi-Fi: Tap down arrow Download icon next to any episode.
- Subscribe to a podcast to always get the latest episode: If youre browsing the catalog, tap a podcast to see the list of episodes, and then tap Subscribe. If youve already downloaded an episode, tap the podcast in your library, then tap it again at the top of the list of episodes, and turn on Subscription.
- Automatically get the latest episode of a subscribed podcast: Tap the podcast in your library, tap it again at the top of the episode list, and then turn on Auto-Download.
- Control audio playback: Swipe up on the artwork of the currently playing podcast to see all of the playback controls.
- Control video playback: Tap the screen while youre watching a video podcast.
This article will work on all iPhones using iOS 6; including iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5.