How To Use Mobile Networks - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Learn how to use mobile networks on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Before you use applications such as Google Maps and find your location or search for places of interest, you must enable the Mobile networks options.
- From the Settings screen, touch Connections > More networks > Mobile networks to display the following options:
- Mobile data: Touch to create a check mark and activate the feature. To enable data access over the mobile network, this option must be selected. It is set on by default.
- Data roaming: Touch to create a check mark and activate the feature. Data roaming causes your device to connect to your service providers partner networks and access data services when you are out of your service providers area of coverage.
- Access Point Names: To use Wi-Fi you need access to a wireless access point (hotspot). Touch to display a list of the Access Point names. The active access point displays a green, filled circle to the right of the name.
- Network operators: Using this feature you can view the current network connection. You can also scan and select a network operator manually, or set the network selection toAutomatic. The current network connection displays at the bottom of the list.
Note: You must deactivate data service prior to searching for an available network.
Note: Connecting to 3G networks slows the data transfer speed and time.
This option displays additional Connectivity information.
- From the Settings screen, touch Connections > More networks. The following options display.
With the Printing option, you can set your device to print on compatible Samsung Wi-Fi printers.
- From the Settings screen, touch Connections > More networks > Printing.
- Touch Samsung Print Service Plugin.
- Touch the OFF / ON button to turn Printing ON. Your device will search for compatible printers.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Touch Menu icon for additional options.
Default Setup Options
Your phone default is set to Automatic, which causes your phone to automatically search for an available network. To select a network each time you connect, set this option to
- From the Settings screen, touch Connections > More networks > Mobile networks.
- Touch Network operators.
- Touch Default setup.
- Touch Manual to locate and connect to a network manually or touch Automatic to allow the device to automatically select a network.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1.