How To Use LG Backup - LG G Pad
This LG Backup application is supported between LG smartphones and tablets, other software or operating system versions. As a result, when you buy the new LG smartphones and tablets, you can backup the current device data to your new device.
If you have the LG Backup application preloaded on your smartphones and tablets, you can backup and restore most of your data, including downloaded and pre-installed applications, bookmarks, calendar entries, contacts, home screen settings, and system settings. You may also:
- Perform a manual LG Backup of your device.
- Schedule automatic backups of your device.
- Restore your device data.
Note: Please note that the Backup function does not support the backup of user data and media data (Picture/Video/Music). Please backup those files using the Media sync (MTP). Connect your tablet to your computer using a USB cable and touch Media sync (MTP).
Note: To protect against an unexpected power off during backup or restore operations, due to insufficient battery power, you should always keep your battery fully charged.
LG Backup your tablet data
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Apps tab > LG Backup icon > Backup.
- Select the check box for the items you want to backup and select Next.
- On the Backup Location screen, touch Internal storage or SD card, then tap Next, followed by Start.
- When all selected files have been backed up, you will see the message Backup completed.
Scheduling automatic backups
You can also program automatic backups for the data on your tablet according to your schedule setting. To do this, complete the following steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Apps tab > LG Backup > Scheduled backup.
- Tap Backup items and select the check box next to the item you want to backup.
- Tap Backup location, touch Internal storage or SD card.
- Set the time and a repeat interval among Weekly, Every to weeks, Monthly and tap Done.
- Tap the switch ON/OFF next to the time to activate automatic backups.
Restoring tablet data
Note: All files that are stored on your tablet are deleted before the backup file is restored.
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Apps tab > LG Backup > Restore.
- On the Restore screen, select a backup file that contains the data you wish to restore.
- Select the check box next to the item you wish to restore and select Next to restore it to your tablet.
Note: Please note that your tablet data will be overwritten with the content of your backup.
- If the backup file is encrypted, type the password that you created to encrypt it.
- When all selected files have been restored, the tablet will automatically be restart.
Note: You can set the lock option when creating a backup to encrypt your backup files for extra protection.
- On the LG Backup main screen, touch the Menu Key > Set password and enter a password and hint in case you forgot your password. Once you have set up a password, you need to enter it every time you want to do backup/restore.