How To Use Home Screen - Samsung Galaxy Note Pro
Learn how to use home screen on your Samsung Galaxy Note Pro. The Home screen is the starting point for using your device. It consists of:
- Status Bar: The Status Bar displays notifications on the left side and status indicators on the right side.
- Notifications: Notification icons appear on the Status Bar at the top of the screen to report new messages, calendar events, device status, and more. Drag down from the Status Bar to open the Notification Panel.
- Widgets: Applications that run on the Home screen. Some widgets are found on the Home screen by default.
- Refresh Content: Touch Refresh icon to refresh the content of the Widget.
- Status Indicators: Display your current network status, signal strength, battery charge, and time.
- Google Search: Search the web by typing or speaking.
- Current Screen: Shows which Home screen is presently displayed.
- App Shortcuts: Touch to launch your favorite apps.
- App Screen: Access to all your apps and widgets.
Additional Home Screens
- There are two types of Home screen. The Standard panels display shortcuts to applications and widgets and the Magazine panels can host News, Social, and Application widgets.
- The Home screen can have multiple panels. One Home screen is designated as the main Home screen, and it displays whenever you press the Home key.
To scroll through the Home screens:
- Slide your finger horizontally across the screen.
- The first three Pages to the left can host News, Social, and Application widgets, which are built-in apps that run on the Home screen.
- The rest of the pages are for app shortcuts and widgets.
Customize Home Screen Widgets
- You can modify the layout of each Home screen by adding or removing Widgets and resizing them.
To modify a Home screen:
- From a Home screen, touch and hold on a Widget until the Edit page displays.
- Touch Change layout to randomly rearrange the Widgets.
To resize a Home Screen Widget:
- Touch and hold a Widget until a gold box appears around it.
- Drag a side of the box to resize it. The other Widgets automatically adjust to accommodate the resized window.
Note: Not all Widgets can be resized.
To relocate a Widget:
- Touch and hold a Widget until it releases from the page.
- Drag the Widget to a new location and release. The other Widgets automatically adjust to accommodate it.