How To Use Hangouts - LG G3
Learn how to use Google Hangouts on your LG G3. The Hangouts application lets you have real-time text conversations with your friends.
To open the Hangouts application
From the Home screen, tap the Apps Key > Google > Hangouts icon.
To sign out of Hangouts
From the Hangouts home screen, tap the Menu icon > Settings > tap the desired account > Sign out.
Chatting with Friends
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps Key >Google > Hangouts icon.
- Tap + add icon to view your contacts list. It includes all of the Google Accounts you've added.
- Tap the name of the person in your contacts list. If your friend is not yet on Hangouts, you can invite your friend via SMS.
- Tap the text field to enter a name, email, or number.
- Tap Message and then enter your message.
- Tap the Send icon.
Hangouts chatting list
Touch and hold the friend in the chat screen. You can set below options.
- Notifications icon: Tap to turn the notifications off.
- Archive icon: Tap to archive the conversation.
- Delete bin icon: Tap to delete the conversation.
Blocking your Friends
- To block a friend from exchanging messages with you, tap the friend in the chatting list. Tap the Menu icon > People & options. Then tap the block option.
- To remove a friend from the blocked list, from the chatting list, tap the Menu icon > Settings > tap the desired account > Blocked people. Then tap Unblock next to the persons name.
- From the chatting list, tap the Menu icon to choose from Set mood..., Invites, Snooze notifications, Archived Hangouts, Settings, Send feedback, and Help.
- While chatting, tap the Menu icon to choose from People & options, New group Hangout, Turn history off, Archive, Delete, Send feedback, and Help.