How To Use Gestures On Samsung Galaxy S4
Learn how to use the Gestures feature on your Samsung Galaxy S4. By activating the various motion and gesture features, you can access a variety of time saving functions.
Note: Excessive shaking or impact to the device may cause unintended results. To learn how to properly control motions, tap Apps > Settings > My device > Motions and gestures. When tapped, each entry comes with an on-screen tutorial.
- Air gesture: Allows you to control your device by performing motions above the sensor (without touching the device).
- Motion: Allows you to control your device using natural movements (on the screen).
- Palm motion: Allows you to control your device by touching the screen with your entire hand.
- Gyroscope calibration: Allows you to properly calibrate your devices touch screen.
How to activate Air gesture on Samsung Galaxy S4
- From the Home screen, press Menu key and then tap Settings > My device > Motions and gestures > Air gesture.
- Tap the ON/OFF slider located to the right of Air gesture to turn it on. The Air gesture icon will appear in the status bar.
- Read the on-screen notification and tap OK.
Note: At least one feature must be activated before Air gesture can be activated.
- Tap Learn about the sensor and icon field to review on-screen information about the Air gestures sensor and related icon.
- Tap the ON/OFF slider located to the right of each feature to turn it on.