How To Use Find My iPhone App – iPhone 6 Plus
Learn how to use find my iPhone app on your iPhone 6 Plus. Find My iPhone can help you locate and secure your iPhone using the free Find My iPhone app (available in the App Store) on another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or using a Mac or PC web browser signed intoiCloud.com/find Find My iPhone includes Activation Lock, which is designed to prevent anyone else from using your iPhone if you ever lose it. Your Apple ID and and password are require to turn off Find My iPhone or to erase and reactive your iPhone.
- Turn on Find My iPhone. Go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone.
Note: To use Find My iPhone features, Find My iPhone must be turned on before your iPhone is lost. iPhone must be able to connect to the Internet for you to locate and secure the device.
- Use Find My iPhone. Open the Find My iPhone app on an iOS device, or go toiCloud.com/find on your computer. Sign in and select your device.
- Play Sound: Play a sound at full volume for two minutes, even if the ringer is set to silent.
- Lost Mode: Immediately lock your missing iPhone with a passcode and send it a message displaying a contact number. iPhone tracks and reports its location, so you can see where its been when you check the Find My iPhone app. Lost Mode also suspends the use of your credit and debit cards used for Apple Pay (iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6 Plus Plus). See How Use Apple Pay.
- Erase iPhone: Protect your privacy by erasing all the information and media on your iPhone and restoring it to its original factory settings. Erase iPhone also removes your credit and debit cards used for Apple Pay (iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6 Plus Plus). See How to use Apple pay.
Note: Before selling or giving away your iPhone, you should erase it completely to remove all of your personal data and turn off Find My iPhone to ensure the next owner can activate and use the device normally. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.