How To Use FaceTime App - iPad Mini 2
Learn how to use Facetime app on your ipad Mini 2. FaceTime to make video or audio calls to other iOS devices or computers that support.
FaceTime at a glance
Use Face Time to make video or audio calls to other iOS devices or computers that support Face Time. The Face Time camera lets you talk face-to-face; switch to the rear iSight camera to share what you see around you.
Note: Face Time may not be available in all areas. On iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular models, you can make
- Face Time calls over a cellular data connection. Cellular data charges may apply.
- With a Wi-Fi connection and an Apple ID, you can make and receive Face Time calls (first sign in using your Apple ID, or create a new account).
Make and answer calls
Make a FaceTime call
- Make sure FaceTime is turned on in Settings > FaceTime, then in Face Time, tap Contacts and choose a contact. Tap Camera icon to make a video call, or tap Phone icon to make an audio call.
Use your voice to start the call
- Press and hold the Home button, then say FaceTime, followed by the name of the person to call.
- Want to call again? Tap Recents, then choose a name or number.
Cant take a call right now?
- When a Face Time call comes in, you can answer, decline, or choose another option. See the whole gang. Rotate iPad to use Face Time in landscape orientation. To avoid unwanted orientation changes, lock iPad in portrait orientation.
Multitask during a call
- Press the Home button, then tap an app icon. You can still talk with your friend, but you cant see each other. To return to the video, tap the green bar at the top of the screen.
Take advantage of Favorites
- Tap Favorites. To add a favorite, Tap + icon, then choose a contact and add to Favorites as FaceTime Audio or Face Time. To call a favorite, tap a name in the list. Make sure phone numbers for contacts outside your region include the country code and area code.
- FaceTime calls arent forwarded. If another call comes in while youre on a FaceTime call, you can either end the Face Time call and answer the incoming call, decline the incoming call, or reply with a text message.
Block unwanted callers
- Go to Settings > FaceTime > Blocked > Add New. You wont receive FaceTime calls or text messages from blocked callers. Other options in Settings let you turn Face Time on or off, specify a phone number, Apple ID, or email address to use with FaceTime, and set your caller ID.