How To Use Download Booster – Samsung Galaxy Alpha
Learn how to use download booster on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha. Use this feature to download large files faster via WiFi and mobile networks simultaneously. A stronger WiFi signal will provide a faster download speed.
- On the Apps screen, tap Setting > Download booster, and then tap the Download booster switch to activate it.
- Open the quick setting panel and tap Download booster to activate it.
- You may incur additional charges when download files via a mobile network.
- When you download large files, the device may heat up. If the device exceeds a set temperature, the feature will turn off.
- If network signals are unstable, the speed and performance of this feature may be affected.
- If the WiFi and mobile network connections have significantly different data transfer speeds, the device may use only the fastest connection.
- This feature supports Hypertext Transmission Protocol(HTTP) 1.1 only. This feature cannot be used with other protocols, such as FTP.
Download Booster Settings
- Set the device to download files via both Wi-Fi and mobile networks at the same time.
- On the Settings screen, tap Download booster, and then tap the Download booster switch to activate it.
- You may incur additional charges when downloading files via the mobile network.
- Do not show speed info: Set the device not to display the data transfer speed in a popup window while using download booster mode.