How To Use WiFi – Samsung Galaxy Alpha
Learn how to use WiFi on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha. You can connect the device to a WiFi network to use the internet or share media file with other device.
Note: Your device use non-harmonised frequency and is intended for use in all European countries. The WLAN Can be operated in the EU without restriction indoors, but cannot be operated outdoor and turn off WiFi to save battery when not in use.
- On the App screens, tap Settings > WiFi, and then tap the WiFi switch to activate it.
- Select a network from the WiFi networks list. Networks that require a password appear with a lock icon.
- Tap Connect.
Note: Once device is connected to a WiFi network, the device will reconnect to that network each time it is available without requiring password.
- To prevent the device connecting to network automatically, select it from the list of network and tap Forget.
Adding WiFi network
- If the desired network does not appear in the WiFi network list, tap Add WiFi network at the bottom of the list. Enter the network name in Network SSID, select the security type and enter the password if it is not a open network, and tap Connect.
Activating WiFi Passpoint
- WiFi passpoint enable the deviceto search for and connect to a certified WiFi network. You can use the Passpiont feature to connect to public WiFi network that supported automated authentication, When you move a new location, it will search for and connect to another certified WiFi network
Note: This feature may not available depending on the region.
- Tap Menu icon < Advanced, and then tick Passspoint.
Using Smart network switch
- Use this feature to maintain stable network connection when you browse web pages, download content, and more
- On Apps Screen tap Settings > WiFi, and then tick Smart Network Switch. The device automatically switch from a WiFi network to a mobile network when the current WiFi network is weak or unstable. When the WiFi network signal becomes strong, the device switch from the mobile network back to the WiFi network.