How To Configure Finger Gesture Settings - Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
Learn how to configure finger gesture settings on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha. When you use TalkBack, you can perform actions using finger gestures. You can perform actions such as, returning to the previous screen, opening the Home screen, and more. Configure finger gestures before using them.
Configuring settings for vertical gestures
You can use two-part vertical gestures by dragging your finger upwards and downwards from the bottom of the screen, or vice versa.
On the Apps screen, tap Settings > Accessibility > Vision > TalkBack > Settings > Manage gesture > Two-part vertical gestures. Then, select one of the following features:
- Move to the first and last items on screen: When you drag your finger upwards and then downwards on the screen, the first item at the top of the screen is selected. When you drag your finger downwards and then upwards on the screen, the last item at the bottom of the screen is selected.
- Cycle through reading granularities: When you drag your finger upwards and then downwards on the screen, the reading unit changes. The reading unit changes to page, paragraph, line, word, character, and default. When you drag your finger downwards and then upwards on the screen, the reading units change in reverse order.
Configuring settings for shortcut gestures
Use this feature to configure eight shortcut gestures. You can configure gestures such as, dragging your finger upwards and then to the right without releasing it, and more. You can change shortcut gestures or assign features to empty shortcuts.
On the Apps screen, tap Settings > Accessibility > Vision > TalkBack > Settings > Manage gesture. Select a gesture, and then assign a feature to it.
The following features are available:
- Back button: Return to the previous screen.
- Home button: Open the Home screen.
- Recent apps button: Open the list of recently-used apps.
- Open notifications: Open the notifications panel.
- Open global context menu: Open the global contextual menu. Tap and hold the screen to open the circular global contextual menu. You can use features, such as Quick navigation, Read from top, Spell last utterance, and Read from next item. Then, explore menus by drawing a circle with your finger without releasing it. When you find the menu you want, release your finger from the menu to select it.
- Tap Pause feedback at the top left of the screen to pause voice feedback.
- Tap TalkBack Settings at the top right of the screen to access the TalkBack settings. Refer to Configuring settings for TalkBack for more information.
- Open local context menu: Open the local contextual menu. You can select a unit for reading text on the screen. When you use this feature while entering text, contextual menus, such as the cursor control menu, are available. Tap and hold the screen to open the circular contextual menu. Then, explore menus by drawing a circle with your finger without releasing it. When you find the menu you want, release your finger from the menu to select it.
- Read from top: Read items aloud from the first item to the last item in order.
- Read from next item: Read items aloud starting from the item next to the selected item in order.