How To Use Browser Settings On Samsung Galaxy S4
Learn how to use the browser settings on your Samsung Galaxy S4. To make adjustments in your browser settings, follow these steps:
- From the Home webpage, press Menu key > Settings.
The following options are available:
- Set homepage: Sets the current home page for the Web browser.
- Auto fill forms: allows you to enter text to be used in your web profile. Tap Add profile, then enter text for the Web form auto fill.
- Search and URL suggestions: displays predictions of related queries and popular websites in the address bar as you type.
- Preload available links before opening: allows you improve performance when loading pages.
- Remember form data: Allows the device to store data from any previously filled out forms. Remove the checkmark to disable this function.
- Remember passwords: Stores usernames and passwords for visited sites. Remove the checkmark to disable this function.
- Delete personal data: allows you to delete all personal data such as Browsing history, Cache, Cookies and site data, Passwords, Auto-fill data, and Location access.
- Text scaling: allows you to preview the text size, scale the text size using a slider bar, set the zoom amount on double tap, and minimize the font size using a slider bar.
- Force zoom: allows you to override the websites request to control zoom.
- Text encoding: adjusts the current text encoding.
- Fullscreen: allows you to use Fullscreen mode to hide the status bar.
- Text booster: allows you to view PC websites easily by boosting the text size. Note: the layout may change as a result.
- Accept cookies: Allows sites, which require cookies, to save and read cookies from your device.
- Enable location: Allows websites to request access to your location.
- Block pop-ups: Prevents popup advertisement or windows from appearing on-screen. Remove the checkmark to disable this function.
- Default storage: Allows you to set your default storage to Device or Memory Card.
- Website settings: View advanced settings for individual websites.
- Enable notifications: Allows website notifications. Select Always on, On demand, or Off.
- Clear notifications: Deletes website notification access information.
- Reset settings: Restores all settings to default.
- Preload webpages: Allows the browser to preload pages in the background. You can set to Always, Only on Wi-Fi, and Never.
- Load images: Allows web page images to be loaded along with the other text components of a loaded website.
- Open pages in overview: Displays an overview of newly opened web pages.