How To Use Browser - HTC One M8
Learn how to Use Browser on your HTC One M8. If the webpage is in fullscreen mode, flick the screen down to show the URL box and other options.
- Open the Internet app.
- Tap the URL box on top of the screen.
If the webpage is in fullscreen mode, flick the screen down to show the URL box and other options.
- Enter the webpage address or your search keywords.
- On the webpage, you can:
- Tap a link to open it, or press and hold a link to see more options.
- Tap an email address to send a message to the email address, save it to People, and more.
- Press and hold an image to save, copy, or set it as your wallpaper.
- To return to the previous webpage you've viewed, tap Menu icon, and then tap < or >.
Maximizing your browsing space
- To hide the status bar when browsing, tapMenu icon > Settings > General, and then select Fullscreen.
- While browsing a webpage, tap Menu icon > Desktop View to display the full desktop version of the webpage.
Using browser tabs
Open multiple browser tabs and quickly switch from one webpage to another.
Open the Internet app.
- To add a browser tab, tapwindow icon > + icon. Repeat the same to open new browser tabs.
- To switch among browser tabs, tap and swipe to the webpage you want to view. Tap the browser tab to display the webpage in full screen.
- To close a browser tab, tap window icon, and then tap Close icon.
Saving web content for later
Save webpages to read later, even without an Internet connection. You can also add some video clips on webpages to the Watch list so you can quickly find and watch them whenever you like.
HTC One saves webpage text and images only. You will need Internet connection to open linked pages and play video clips.
- While viewing a webpage, tap Menu icon > + icon.
- Tap Reading list or Watch list.
- When the webpage you're adding to the Watch list has one or more video clips, you'll be asked to choose which videos you want to add.
- To view a saved webpage or video clip, tap Menu icon > Saved. Swipe to the Reading list or Watch list, and then tap a webpage or video you want to view.
Bookmarking a webpage
Add your favorite webpages as bookmarks so you can access them quickly.
- While viewing a webpage, tap Menu icon > Add icon > Bookmarks.
- On the Bookmark this page screen, you can edit the bookmark name or save the bookmark in a new category folder.
- Tap Done.
To view and open a bookmark, tap Menu icon > Bookmarks. Navigate to the bookmark you want to open, and then tap it.
You can also add a bookmark directly to the Home screen. While viewing a webpage, tap Menu icon > + icon > Home screen.