How To Use Browser Settings - HTC One M8
Learn how to use Browser Settings on your HTC One M8. Customize the web browser to suit your browsing style. Set display, privacy, and security options when using the web browser.
- From the browser screen, tap Menu Key > Settings.
Using your browsing history
HTC One keeps a record of webpages you've visited.
If you don't want HTC One to keep your browsing history, browse using an incognito tab.
- While viewing a webpage, tap Menu icon > History.
- Swipe to the History or Most visited tab.
- Navigate to the webpage that you want to view, and then tap it.
Clearing your browsing history
- While viewing a webpage, tap Menu icon > Settings > Privacy & security > Clear history.
- Tap OK.
All webpage entries in the History and Most visited tabs are deleted.
If you want to delete a single webpage entry, go to the History or Most visited tab, press and hold the webpage entry, and then tap Remove from history or Remove from most visited.
Only the browsing history stored by the Internet app is deleted. Browsing history stored by other browsers on HTC One will remain unaffected.
You can use incognito tabs to browse the Web with more privacy. Browser cookies are deleted and not shared when you close all incognito tabs. Pages you view in incognito also won't appear in your browser history (except for files you've downloaded).
- From the browser screen, tap Window icon > Private Window.