How To Use About Device On Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
View information about your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, including status, legal information, hardware and software versions, and battery use.
- From a Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > About device.
- Touch items to view details:
- Software update: Connect to the network and download new software.
- Status: View Battery status, Battery level, IP address, Wi-Fi MAC address, Bluetooth address, Serial number, Up time, and Device status.
- Legal information: Display Open source licenses, Google legal, and License settings information.
Note: To find your devices DivX registration code and information about registering your device to play DivX protected video, touch License settings > DivX VOD.
- Model number: Display your devices model number.
- Android version: Display the firmware version of your device.
- Kernel version: Display the kernel version of your device.
- Build number: Display your devices build number.
This article will work on both Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.