How To Trim Videos - HTC One M8
Learn how to Trim videos on your HTC One M8. It's easy to save a still shot from a video.
- On the Gallery apps main screen, swipe to the Timeline or Albums tab.
- Tap a tile to open a time period or album.
- When you see the video you want, tap it to play in full screen.
- Tap the onscreen controls to pause or resume playback, adjust the volume, and more.
Tap Video icon to share the video on your home network.
- To trim the video, tap Menu icon > Edit.
- Drag the trim sliders to the part where you want the video to begin and end.
- Tap Play icon to preview your trimmed video.
- Tap Save.
The trimmed video is saved as a copy. The original video remains unedited.
Saving a photo from a video
- It's easy to save a still shot from a video. While you're watching a video in Gallery, tap Camera icon to capture a still shot.
- You can also pause the playback and drag the slider to the image you want before tapping Camera icon.
Creating a Zoe in Gallery
When you view a group of photos and videos such as an album, Gallery automatically composes a Zoe. A Zoe is a collection of photos and videos that Gallery has preselected, with added background music and special effects.
You can change the content, theme, and music. You can also save or share the Zoe as a video.
- On the Gallery apps main screen, swipe to the Timeline, Albums, or Locations tab.
- Tap a tile to open a group of photos and videos. You'll then see the Zoe play automatically.
- In portrait view, tap the Zoe tile if you want to edit it.
- To change the content in the Zoe:
- Swipe to the Content tab to select the ones you want to include in the Zoe.
- Tap . . . > Remix to shuffle the content.
- Tap . . . > Choose start and end clips to select specific photos or videos to start and end the Zoe.
- Swipe to the Themes tab to choose the special effects and music to apply to theZoe.
- Swipe to the Music tab, tap Search my library to change the background soundtrack for all themes. To restore the default soundtrack, tap . . . > Restore theme's music.
Note: Do not reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials in connection with the Zoe unless you have secured the copyright owners permission first.
- To trim the chosen soundtrack and include audio that was captured with the video included in the Zoe, tap . . . > Music settings.
- To preview the Zoe in full screen, hold HTC One in landscape orientation.
- To create a video file of the Zoe, tap . . . > Save, and then choose a video quality. Your video will be saved in the Zoe Highlights album.