How To Set Various Options - Samsung Gear Fit
Learn how to Set Various Options on your Samsung Gear Fit. Use this application to configure the Gear Fit and set various options.
- From the Gear Fit Manager screen, tap Settings.
Setting the Power button
Set actions to perform when you press the Gear Fit Power button twice.
- From the Settings screen, tap Double pressing power key. and then select an option.
Activating the auto lock feature
Set the mobile device to lock automatically when it is disconnected from your Gear Fit.
- From the Settings screen, tap Auto lock.
- Tap Continue, draw a pattern by connecting four or more dots, and then draw the pattern again to verify it.
When the Gear Fit disconnects from the mobile device, you must draw the pattern to unlock the mobile device screen.
Note: The mobile devices screen automatically unlocks when the Gear Fit is connected to the mobile device.
Setting a wake-up gesture
Set the Gear Fit to recognize your gesture to wake up the Gear Fit and display the clock or the last page you accessed when the screen turns off.
- From the Settings screen, tap Wake-up gesture, and then drag the Wake-up gesture switch to the right.
- Tap Select screen shown to select a preset screen to display when the screen turns on.
- Raise the hand that is wearing the Gear Fit to wake up the device, and then look at the screen for a few seconds. The screen turns on and a preset screen displays.
Setting up emergency messages
Set the device to send a message to recipients in an emergency.
- From the Settings screen, tap Send help messages, and then drag the Send help messages switch to the right.
- Press the Power button three times to send an emergency message that includes your current location.
Setting up emergency contacts
You can preset contacts to send a message to in an emergency.
- From the Settings screen, tap Manage Primary contacts > Create primary contact > Create new contact or Select from contacts. You can create a new contact or select from the contacts list.
Managing text templates
Create and manage text templates to easily reply to messages.
- From the Settings screen, tap Quick responses.
- Tap + icon to create a text template.
- Tap the message to edit the text template.
Viewing the open source licence
You can view open source licence information.
- From the Settings screen, tap Open source license.
Viewing the Gear Fit Manager version
- View the Gear Fit Manager version information from the Gear Fit Manager version field.