How To Factory Data Reset On Sony Xperia Z3
Learn how to Factory Data reset your Sony Xperia Z3. You can reset your device to its original settings, without deleting all personal data.
Note: To avoid permanent damage to your device, do not restart your device while a reset procedure is underway.
- Before you start, make sure to back up any important data that is saved on the internal memory of your device to a memory card or other non-internal memory.
- From your Home screen, tap Apps icon
- Find and tap Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
- To delete information, such as music and pictures, from your internal storage, mark the relevant checkbox.
- Tap Reset phone.
- If required, draw your screen unlock pattern, or enter your screen unlock password or PIN to continue.
- To confirm, tap Erase everything.
Note: If you forget your screen unlock password, PIN or pattern in step 6, you can use the device repair feature in the PC Companion or Sony Bridge for Mac applications to erase this security layer. By running the repair feature, you are reinstalling software for your device and you may lose some personal data in the process.