How To Enter Text - LG G Pad
Learn how to enter text on your LG G Pad. You can enter text using the on-screen keyboard. The on-screen keyboard appears automatically on the screen when you need to enter text. To manually display the keyboard, simply touch a text field where you want to enter text.
Using the keypad & entering text
- Caps Icon: Tap once to capitalize the next letter you type. Double-tap for all caps.
- Numbers And Symbols Icon: Tap to switch to the numbers and symbols keyboard.
- Voice Input Icon: Tap to use the voice input function. You can also touch and hold this icon to select the handwriting, Clip Tray, and settings menu. The icon displayed changes depending on the key you used last.
- Enter Space Icon: Tap to enter a space.
- New Line Icon: Tap to create a new line in the message field.
- Delete Icon: Tap to delete the previous character.
Entering special characters
- The on-screen keyboard allows you to enter special characters (e.g. ""). For example, touch and hold the desired key (for example, the "a" key). After the desired character appears, slide your finger over it and lift it off to enter it.
Note: A symbol at the top left of a key indicates that additional characters are available.