How To Customize Siri - iPhone 5S
Learn how to customize siri on your iPhone 5s.
The power of Siri is yours for the asking.
- Summon Siri. Press and hold the Home button, until Siri beeps
Note: To use Siri, iPhone must be connected to the Internet. Ask Siri anything, from set the timer for 3 minutes to what movies are showing tonight? Open apps, and turn features on or off, like Airplane Mode, Bluetooth, Do Not Disturb, and Accessibility. Siri understands natural speech, so you dont have to learn special commands or keywords.
- For hints, ask Siri what can you do, or tap ? Icon .
- Siri often displays helpful info on your screen. Tap the info to open a related app or get more details.
- Use Raise to Speak. Raise iPhone to your ear and speak after the beep. (If the screen isnt on, first press the Lock or Home button.) Raise to Speak must be turned on in Settings > General > Siri.
- Change Siris voice gender. Go to Settings > General > Siri (may not be available in all areas).
- Use Siri with your iPhone headset or another wired or Bluetooth headset. Connect the headset, then press and hold the center or call button.
Tell Siri about yourself
- If you let Siri know who you are, you can get personalized servicelike, remind me when I get home to call my wife.
- Tell Siri who you are. Fill out your info card in Contacts, then go to Settings > General > Siri > My Info and tap your name.
- Be sure to include your home and work addresses, and your relationships.
Note: Location information isnt tracked or stored outside iPhone. If you dont want to use Location Services, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services to turn it off. You can still use Siri, but Siri wont be able to do anything that requires knowing your location.
- Want to cancel that last command? Say cancel, tap the Siri icon, or press the Home button.
- If Siri doesnt get something right, you can tap to edit your request.
- Or tap Mac icon again and clarify your request. For example, I meant Boston. Dont bother saying what you didnt mean.
To set options for Siri, go to Settings > General > Siri. Options include:
- turning Siri on or off
- voice gender (may not be available in all areas)
- voice feedback
- My Info card
- raise to speak
Prevent access to Siri when iPhone is locked. Go to Settings > General > Passcode & Fingerprint (iPhone 5s) or Settings > General > Passcode Lock (other models). You can also disable Siri by turning on restrictions.