How To Customize Mail Accounts And Settings On iPhone 5
Learn how to customize Mail accounts and its settings on your iPhone 5. You can customize the mail accounts and settings on iPhone 5. Continue reading.
- Change Mail and mail account settings: Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. You can set up:
- Microsoft Exchange and Outlook
- Microsoft Hotmail
- Other POP and IMAP accounts
Settings vary based on the type of account youre setting up. Your Internet service provider or system administrator can provide the information you need to enter.
- Temporarily stop using an account: Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, choose an account, and then turn off mail service for the account. When the service is turned off, iPhone doesnt display or sync that information until you turn it back on. This is a good way to stop receiving work email while on vacation, for example.
- Delete an account: Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, choose an account, then scroll down and tap Delete Account. All information synced with that account, such as bookmarks, mail, and notes, is removed.
- Set Push settings: Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data. Push delivers new information whenever it appears on the server and theres an Internet connection (some delays may occur). When Push is turned off, use the Fetch New Data setting to determine how often data is requested. The setting you choose here overrides individual account settings. For optimal battery life, dont fetch too often. Not all accounts support push.
- Send signed and encrypted messages: Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > account name > Account > Advanced. Turn on S/MIME, and then select certificates for signing and encrypting outgoing messages. To install certificates, you may get a configuration profile from your system administrator, download the certificates from the issuers website using Safari, or receive them as mail attachments.
- Set advanced options: Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > account name > Account > Advanced. Options vary depending on the account, and may include:
- Store drafts, sent messages, and deleted messages on iPhone
- Set how long deleted messages are kept before being permanently removed
- Adjust mail server settings
- Adjust SSL and password settings
Ask your Internet service provider or system administrator if youre not sure what the appropriate settings are for your account.
This article will work on all iPhones using iOS 6; including iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5.