How To Use iTunes Store On iPad Mini
Use the iTunes Store to add music and TV shows, music, and podcasts to iPad.
- Use iTunes Store to:
- Find music, TV shows, movies, tones, and more, by browsing or searching
- Download previous purchases
Note: You need an Internet connection and an Apple ID to use the iTunes Store.
- Browse content: Tap one of the categories. Tap Genres to refine the listings. To see more information about an item, tap it.
- Search for content: Tap Search, then tap the search field and enter one or more words, then tap Search.
- Preview an item: Tap a song or video to play a sample.
- Purchase an item: Tap the items price (or tap Free), then tap again to buy it. If you already purchased the item, Download appears instead of the price and you wont be charged again. When items are being downloaded, tap More, then tap Downloads to see their progress.
- Rent a movie: In some areas, certain movies are available to rent. You have 30 days to begin viewing a rented movie. Once youve started playing it, you can watch it as many times as you want in 24 hours. After these time limits, the movie is deleted automatically.
- Download a previous purchase: Tap Purchased. To automatically download purchases made on other devices, go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores.
- Redeem a gift card or code: Tap any category (such as music), scroll to the bottom, and then tap Redeem.
- View or edit your account: Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores, tap your Apple ID, and then tap View Apple ID. Tap an item to edit it. To change your password, tap the Apple ID field.
- Turn iTunes Match on or off: Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores. iTunes Match is a subscription service that stores all of your music in iCloud so you can access it from wherever you are.
- Sign in using a different Apple ID: Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores, tap your account name, and then tap Sign Out. The next time you download an app, you can enter a different Apple ID.
- Download purchases using the cellular network (Wi-Fi + cellular models): Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Use Cellular Data. This also turns on playing songs from iTunes Match. Downloading purchases and using iTunes Match over the cellular network may incur charges from your carrier.
Note: This article will work on all iPads using iOS 6; including iPad Mini, iPad 2, The New iPad (iPad 3), iPad 4 (iPad with Retina display).