How To Customize Accessibility Services On Samsung Galaxy S3
Learn how to customize accessibility service on Samsung Galaxy S3. Accessibility services are special features for those with physical challenges. Accessibility services are special features for those with physical challenges. Change the settings to improve accessibility to the devices interface and features. You can customize the Accessibility services on your Samsung Galaxy S3. Follow the simple steps below.
- Auto-rotate screen: Set the interface to rotate automatically when you rotate the device.
- Speak passwords: Set the device to read aloud passwords you enter with TalkBack.
- Call answering/ending:
- Answering key: Set to answer calls by pressing the Home key.
- The power key ends calls: Set to end a call when you press the Power key.
- Accessibility shortcut: Add a shortcut to accessibility settings that appears when you press and hold the Power key.
- Screen timeout: Select the length of time that the device waits before turning off the display backlight.
- TalkBack: Activate TalkBack, which provides voice feedback.
- Install web scripts: Set applications to install web scripts to make their web content more accessible.
- Negative colours: Reverse the display colours to improve visibility.
- Font size: Change the font size for creating or showing items in applications.
- Mono audio: Enable mono sound when you listen to audio with one earbud.
- Turn off all sounds: Mute all device sounds.
- Tap and hold delay: Set the recognition time for tapping and holding the screen.