- Written By: Ajay
- Category: Mobile Guides
- Publish Date:
- Views: 11836
When you first turn on your tablet, there are various widgets on the center Home screen. They can also appear on the Home screens to the left and right of the center Home screen.
Widgets are self-contained applications that you can place on the Home screens to access your favorite features.
How to add Widgets to a Home screen on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
- Navigate to the Home screen on which you want to place the Widget.
- From that Home screen, touch Apps.
- Touch the Widgets tab.
Note: Swipe across the screen horizontally to view all Widgets.
- Touch and hold the widget's icon, then slide your finger where you want to place the icon and release it.
Note: There must be room on the screen where you want to place the widget, otherwise the widget will not add to the Home screen.
- Touch Back to return to the Home screen.
How to remove Widgets on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
- Touch and hold the Widget until the Delete icon displays, then drag the widget toward the top of the screen and drop it over the Delete icon.
Widget Options on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
The following widgets are available.
- AccuWeather.com: Display the forecast from AccuWeather. Touch the widget to choose locations.
- Application monitor: This application acts as a task manager that monitors and controls active or downloaded programs, RAM, or Storage.
- Book: Touch this widget and then touch a book for quick access to the book.
- Bookmark: Choose one of your Internet bookmarks then touch the widget to open the website.
- Calendar: Displays a list of your events.
- Clock (simple): Display a simple, analog clock.
- Clock (Unique): Display a unique, analog clock.
- Contact: Display a link to one of your contacts to quickly compose an Email or Gmail message.
- Contact: Display a shortcut to one of your contact entries.
- Digital clock: Display the digital time, the day, and the date.
- Directions & Navigation: Get directions and navigation from Google Maps.
- DropboxTM Folder: An application that lets you take your photos, docs, and videos anywhere.
- Dual clock (analog): Display the date and time for two different locations using analog clocks.
- Dual clock (digital): Display the date and time for two different locations using a digital format.
- Email: Display your email inbox.
- Email account: Access an Email account. Appears once an Email account is set up. If you have more than one Email account set up, touch the one to which you want to link.
- Game Hub: Access social and premium games. Join Game Hub to enjoy free games with your friends.
- Gmail: Send and receive email with Gmail, Google's web-based email.
- Gmail label: Access a Gmail label. Displays once a Gmail account is set up. Touch the label to which you want to link.
- Google Play Books: Read eBooks from the web-based Google Play Books service.
- Google Play Music: Use this widget to control the playback of songs playing in the Music app.
- Google Search: Display a Google Search bar.
- Google+ posts: Display a shortcut to Google+TM posts.
- Latitude: Displays your current location. Touch the location to open Maps, touch the check mark to open the Check in at pop-up, or touch the Refresh button to update your Latitude list of friends.
- Media Hub: Samsung Media Hub is your one stop for the hottest movie and TV content. You can rent or purchase your favorite content and watch from the convenience of anywhere.
- Memo: Create and save a memo on a Home screen.
- Mono audio: Enable mono sound when listening to audio with one earbud.
- Music Hub: Allows you to purchase and download songs.
- Music Player: The Music Player allows you to play music files that you have stored on your device and memory card. You can also create playlists.
- Music playlist: Choose a music playlist to access from a home screen.
- Picture frame: Allows you to select one or more pictures and then touch the arrow on the widget for a slide show.
- Play Store: Download applications from the Google Play™ Store.
- S Bookmarks: Create bookmarks for your favorite websites.
- S Planner (mini today): Use S Planner to organize events and tasks for a day.
- S Planner (month): Use S Planner to organize events and tasks for a month.
- S Planner (task): Use S Planner to view and edit tasks.
- S Suggest: Recommends popular applications, when your device is connected to a Wi-Fi, that are guaranteed to be compatible with your device.
- Settings shortcut: Allows you to create a shortcut to a particular Settings item.
- Software update: This shortcut makes updating your device software even easier.
- Traffic: Enter a name for the widget and a destination, and then touch Save. Touch the widget to use the Traffic component of the Maps application.
- Video player: Play and manage videos stored on your tablet.
- Yahoo! Finance: Search for and add stocks.
- Yahoo! News: Display current news and much more from Yahoo!
- YouTube: Search YouTube and watch videos.
This article will work on both Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.