- Written By: Ajay
- Category: Mobile Guides
- Publish Date:
- Views: 3193
Learn how to use reminders on iPad. Reminders works with your calendar accounts, so changes you make update automatically on all your iOS devices
- Reminders let you organize your lifecomplete with due dates and lists. Reminders works with your calendar accounts, so changes you make update automatically on all your iOS devices and computers.
- Switch between list view and date view: At the top of the screen, tap List or Date.
How to set a reminder on iPad
- Add a reminder: In Reminders, tap Add icon, then enter a description and tap Done.
- After you add a reminder, you can fine-tune its settings:
- Set a day or time for a reminder: Tap the reminder, then tap Remind Me. Turn on "On a Day then set the date and time you want to be reminded. Reminders that are due are displayed in Notification Center.
- Add notes to a reminder: Tap the reminder, and then tap Show More. Tap Notes.
- Move a reminder to another list: Tap the reminder, and then tap Show More. Tap List and choose a new list. To create or edit lists, see "How to manage reminders in list view below.
- Delete a reminder: Tap a reminder, tap Show More, and then tap Delete.
- Edit a reminder: Tap a reminder, and then tap its name.
- Mark a reminder as completed: Tap the box next to the reminder so that a checkmark appears. Completed reminders are shown in the Completed list. See "How to manage completed reminders below.
- Set the tone played for reminders: Go to Settings > Sound.
- Use iCloud to keep Reminders up to date on your iOS devices and computers: Go to Settings > iCloud, then turn on Reminders. See "How to use iCloud.
How to manage reminders in list view
Organizing reminders in to lists makes it easy to keep your work, personal, and other to-dos separate from each other. Reminders come with one list for active reminders, plus a built-in list of completed items. You can add other lists of your own.
- Create a list: At the top of the screen, tap List, then tap Edit.
- Switch between lists: In list view, tap the list you want to view.
- View completed items: In list view, tap Completed.
- Change the order of lists: In list view, tap Edit. Drag it next to a list to change the order. You can't move a list to a different account, and you can't change the order of reminders in a list.
- Delete a list: In list view, tap Edit. Tap Delete icon for each list you want to delete. When you delete a list, all the items in the list are deleted.
- Change the name of a list: In list view, tap Edit. Tap the name you want to change, and then type a new name. Tap Done.
- Set a default list for new reminders: Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then under the Reminders heading, tap Default List.
How to manage reminders in date view
Use date view to view and manage reminders that have a due date.
- View reminders for a date: At the top of the screen, tap Date to view today's reminders and uncompleted items from previous days.
How to manage completed reminders
Reminders keep track of the items you mark as completed. You can see them in list or date view, and also in the completed list.
- View completed items: Tap the List button at the top of the screen, and then tap Completed.
- Mark a completed item as uncompleted: Tap to remove the checkmark. The item automatically moves back to its original list.
- Sync previous reminders: Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Then under Reminders, tap Sync. This setting applies to all your reminder accounts. For best performance, don't sync more previous items than you need to.
How to search reminders
- Search reminders: Tap the search field, and then enter a search phrase. Reminders are searched by name. You can also search Reminders from the Home screen.
This will work on all iPads; including original iPad, iPad 3, iPad 2, and your new iPad.