Kies air allows you to sync your Windows PC wirelessly with your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 provided they are both on the same Wi-Fi network.
To sync your device to your computer it is highly recommended that you install Samsung Kies which is available at http://www.samsung.com/kies (for Windows/ Mac).
Note: If you are a Windows XP user, ensure that you have Windows XP Service Pack 3 or higher installed on your computer. Also, ensure that you have Samsung Kies 2.0 or Windows Media Player 10 or higher installed on your computer.
Prior to using Kies air for Phone Update
- Before using Kies air to upgrade your device, it is recommended that you backup your personal data prior to use.
To export a Contact list to your microSD card:
- From the Home screen, tap Contacts icon.
- Press Menu key and then tap Import/Export.
- Tap Export to SD card > OK. For more information, refer to “Export/Import.”
Verify your images and videos are on your microSD card:
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Gallery icon.
- Verify the Gallery contains all of your pictures and videos.
- Remove the back cover and remove the internal microSD card prior to initiating a Kies air update.
How to enable USB Debugging
- USB debugging must be enabled before being able to use the Development feature.
- Press Home button > Menu key and then tap Settings > Developer options.
- In a single motion touch and slide the Developer options slider to the right to turn it on.
- Tap the USB debugging field to verify the feature is active before connecting your USB cable.
- Using an optional PC data cable, connect the multifunction jack on your device to a PC.
Kies Air Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Kies Air allows you to sync your Windows PC wirelessly with your phone provided they are both on the same Wi-Fi network. You can view and share call logs, videos, photos, music, bookmarks, ringtones, and even send SMS messages from your PC.
Note: Before beginning, it is recommended that you update the Java application running on your machine.
Note: If prompted, follow the on-screen instructions to update your Kies Air application via the Play Store. Sign onto the same Wi-Fi network from your phone and from your PC.
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Kies air icon.
- From the Kies air homescreen, tap Start.
- If prompted, select a network. Choose from either Wi-Fi or Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Write down the on-screen URL address.
Note: Both your phone and your computer must be connected to the same Wireless Access Point (WAP).
- From your computer, enter the URL in your Web browser.
- If prompted, an Access Request prompt is displayed on your device. Tap Allow to permit connection between the computer and device.
- On your computer, you may be prompted to run a Java plugin for a TransferManagerApplet. Click Run.
- Tap the Remember for today checkbox if you will be using Kies air with the same PC later.
- From your PC, a security warning may be displayed asking if you want to run this application. Click Run to continue.
- On your PC, the Kies air screen is displayed. On your phone, the Kies icon appears at the top of your screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to view and share information between your phone and PC.
- Click a link from the left navigation pane to access one of several device file categories such as:
- [Device Name] - provides an overview of all the main categories.
- Messages/Call Log/Contacts
- File Explorer
- Language settings
- To exit the Kies air application, tap Stop on your device, then close out the Web browser on your computer.