Use A Knife In Counter Strike
Knife fight is a one-on-one fight using a melee weapon you are given at the start. Most of the people tend to hate it, because they dont know how to get the kill they need. You may also want to kill a person with knife who doesnt notice you. Follow the simple steps below
Make sure you have your knife ready before you go in. Quick-switching (q by default, can be enabled in console) makes a noise that, if you are close enough, will give you away. Have your knife out beforehand.
Creep. If you are in a knife fight, then ignore this step. It will do you no good. If you are not, then walk, rather than run. There is a walk button for a reason. Footsteps are silent when you walk, but you will slow down. If he is running, run carefully behind, once you are close, walk. This should set you up perfectly.
Execute quick. It takes two stabs to finish someone off. Do it fast. The longer you wait, the more time you give them to get you. Once you get the hang of knifing someone with the two right click move, try the 3 hit combo. This consists of doing 2 left clicks and 1 right click. It does 100 damage in all, and is faster than the traditional 2 right click move. One right click to the back will be a one hit KO.
If in a knife fight, keep moving! The worst thing you can do is be a sitting duck. Move around, and watch them, when they get close, stab and back off. Don't just sit there.
- Practice on real players, not computers. Bots (Computer players) will either be too easy, or will spot you all the time. This does not mimic real players. Practice with real people, and don't be afraid to die.
- Watch others. You might find some tips that could help you out.
- Keep your finger ready to hit the Quick-switch button to your main weapon, just in case. In a knife fight, or when you are stalking someone to stab them, you have a good chance of being caught, and at close range, a head-shot is inevitable should you be found. In this case, be ready to switch off to your main or secondary weapon, just in case you fail, or, if in a knife fight, your opponent decides to cheat.
- Stab, don't slash. There are two knife attacks: Slash (Left-Click and stab (Right-Click). Slashing, while faster, does less damage. Stabbing, on the other hand, will kill in two hits, but is slower. If you stab more, you can kill them faster.
- Come from behind if you can. Knifing from behind is always the best choice. Sometimes, a stab from behind can kill in one hit if done right.
- If it's 3 on 1 situation, do not try to be Rambo and try to slash like hell. Run in the opposite direction and make them follow you. When you have broken the line of sight, hide somewhere. They will be bound to follow you. When they cross your hiding spot, slice and dice them from behind.
- Sometimes you know youre going to die if they come around a corner. If you know you need to rush, try to count their bullets or time your rush to catch them in the middle of re-charging a bolt action rifle and/or reloading. (Even if you fail at the kill you will scare them and throw things into a brief chaos.)
- Knifing the heel is also extremely deadly. (Such as they are standing on a box.) You can either hit them in the heel or jump and right-click at their back.
- Knifing is not easy. Practice will make perfect.
- The Middle Ages are over. Your knife is not your strongest weapon.
- NEVER repeat a pattern for hiding/rushing more than twice. Especially if you get more than one kill. They will check for you there and more than likely try to knife you.
- Remember. Just like you can learn from others, they can learn from you. So when learning to knife, also learn how not to be knifed. (i.e. You know this great spot to knife from on a map that people never check, make sure YOU clear that corner. Nothing is more embarrassing than to fall for your own trick.)