T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Finally Gets Android Lollipop OTA Update
T-Mobile finally rolls out Android Lollipop update to Samsung Galaxy Note 4 via OTA. The update is around 1086 MB and has a firmware version number “N910TUVU1COD6“. This update brings lot of new features, performance improvement and bug fixes.
List Of Features In Android Lollipop Update For Galaxy Note 4
- Material Design: Google’s new UI standard, which offers a modern and easy to use UI with fluid animations, vivid colored themes and 3D-views.
- Improved Lockscreen: Shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided, along with material design-inspired notifications.
- Touchwiz: Brighter look and feel, bold colors, fluid animation inspired by material design.
- Floating Action Button: Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app’s most important features, such as adding a new contact or favorite, or composing a text message.
- Smart Lock: Secure smartphone by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car.
- Interruptions: Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted.
- Recents: Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the “Recent apps” page. Multi-window icons for ease of use during multi-tasking.
- Activation of ‘OK Google’ voice command: With OK Google, it is possible to issue voice commands to Galaxy Note 4 smartphones.
- Battery saver feature: Indicates remaining time left to charge.
How To Update Galaxy Note 4 To Android Lollipop
Android Lollipop is available automatically via OTA, but users can also initiate a manual search for the OS update.
- To manually search for update go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software updates -> Check for updates.
- Select Download Now.
- When download is complete, a screen will appear informing you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Select Install Now.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear indicating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.