Oculus Rift-Supported Horror Game Montas Hits Indiegogo
First-person horror adventure Montas has taken to crowdsourcing with its Indigogo campaign.
The PC and Mac game casts you as an alcoholic accountant prone to hallucinations in a town plagued by mysterious murders. Interestingly, death will be persistent, so instead of retracing your steps, the story will instead shift in a different direction. Developer Organic Humans is seeking $30,000 in funding on Indiegogo, though the studio makes it clear that the game will be made, and backer rewards given, whether it reaches its goal or not. Don’t forget to check out the story, features and trailer video of Montas.
Here is the Trailer of Montas
Story of Montas
You wake up at the desk of Joseph Walker, an accountant working for a firm in the city of Montas.
Normal life for Joseph has become a distant memory, haunted by nightmares of events that didn’t happen, and cursed with unsettling hallucinations wherever he goes. As a result of stress and anxiety, Joseph is now an alcoholic.
Paranoia is growing, and the situation worsens when police begin to question locals about recent murders in the area. What is happening to Joseph?… and what is Montas hiding?
Features of Montas
- Run, hide or mislead your enemies
- Use the environment to your advantage, if it’s not already out to get you
- Uncover vast underground labyrinths occupied by the unknown
- Discover secret areas and complete optional adventures
- Explore numerous environments and conditions; bright, dark, new, old, safe, dangerous, real and imaginary
- Persistent death no longer forces the player to retrace progress after failure, instead changes the direction and story of the game
- Intense atmosphere that keeps you on edge
- Play using keyboard or controller
- Available for Windows and Mac
- Full compatibility with the Oculus Rift