How To Watch iPad Videos On TV
- You can stream videos wirelessly to your TV using AirPlay and Apple TV, or connect iPad to your TV using one of the following cables:
- Apple Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI cable
- Apple Component AV Cable
- Apple Composite AV Cable
- Apple VGA Adapter and a VGA cable
- Apple cables are available for purchase in many countries.
- Stream videos using AirPlay: Start video playback, then tap Stream and choose your Apple TV from the list of AirPlay devices. If Stream doesnt appear or if you dont see Apple TV in the list of AirPlay devices, make sure its on the same wireless network as iPad. For more information, see How To Use AirPlay.
- While video is playing, you can exit Videos and use other apps. To return playback to iPad, tap Stream and choose iPad.
- Stream videos using a cable: Use the cable to connect iPad to your TV or AV receiver and select the corresponding input.
- Connect using an Apple Digital AV Adapter: Attach the Apple Digital AV Adapter to the iPad Dock connector. Use an HDMI cable to connect the HDMI port of the adapter to your TV or receiver. To keep iPad charged while watching videos, use an Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable to connect the 30-pin port of the adapter to your iPad 10W USB Power Adapter.
- Connect using an AV cable: Use the Apple Component AV Cable, Apple Composite AV Cable, or other authorized iPad-compatible cable. You can also use these cables with the Apple Universal Dock to connect iPad to your TV. You can use the docks remote to control playback.
- Connect using a VGA Adapter: Attach the VGA Adapter to the iPad Dock connector. Connect the VGA Adapter with a VGA cable to a compatible TV, projector, or VGA display.
- With iPad 2 or later, when the cable is connected to a TV or projector, the iPad screen is automatically mirrored on the external display at a resolution of up to 1080p, and videos play at a resolution of up to 1080p. Some apps such as Keynote may use the external display as a second video monitor. With previous iPad models, only certain apps (including YouTube, Videos, and Photos) can use the external display.
- With iPad 2 or later, you can also mirror the screen on a TV wirelessly, using AirPlay Mirroring and Apple TV.
- If you use the Apple Digital AV Adapter or the Apple Component AV Cable, high-resolution videos are shown in HD quality.
This will work on iPad 2, iPad 3, and your new iPad.