How To Use Video Unlimited On Sony Xperia Z
Learn how to use Video Unlimited apps on your Sony Xperia Z. Use the Video Unlimited service to rent and purchase videos that you can view not only on your phone, but also on your PC, PlayStation Portable (PSP) and PlayStation 3. Select your pick from the latest Hollywood releases, action movies, comedies, classics, and a range of other categories.
Note: Video Unlimited might not be available in all countries or regions.
To open Video Unlimited
- From your Home screen, tap Apps icon.
- Find and tap Video Unlimited icon.
Video Unlimited menu overview
- View your account information
- Search for a video
- View the download status for all your items
- View and change settings for your account, purchases, and downloads
- Add the current video to a wish list
- Delete all items in your wish list
- Delete the video you're currently viewing from the wish list
- Share information about the current video via a social network, email, Bluetooth, or other method
- View legal information
The Video Unlimited menu is dynamic, which means that all options are not always available. For example, the option to delete all items in your wish list is only available when you are viewing the list.
To open the Video Unlimited menu
- Open Video Unlimited, then press Menu icon.
Creating a Video Unlimited account
- You need to create a Video Unlimited account if you want to buy or rent movies through the Video Unlimited service. If you already have a PlayStation network account, then you can use that account instead.
Exploring the Video Unlimited selection
- Browse videos by category, or enter text to search for a particular item. You can also choose to preview videos you're interested in.
Renting or buying a video
- When you rent a video, you have a fixed amount of time in which to view it. This time period varies from market to market. You can also choose to download a purchased video to most Sony devices that are connected to your Video Unlimited account.
Video Unlimited notifications overview
When you buy or rent videos, the following notifications may appear:
- Downloading of video is completed
- Downloading has failed. You need to check that, for example, your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, and that you have enough free space on your memory card.
- Downloading of video is ongoing
- Downloading is paused
- Confirmation of successful purchase
- Rental countdown period has started
Watching a video from Video Unlimited
- You can watch your rented or purchased videos on most Sony device that are connected to your Video Unlimited account.
Video menu overview
When you watch a video from Video Unlimited, you can open a menu to get the following options:
- Delete the current video
- View information about the current video
- Change the audio language
- Change the language of subtitles, or remove subtitles