How To Use Video Camera Settings On Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Learn how to use video camera settings on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The available options may vary depending on the mode and which camera is being used.
On the preview screen, tap Settings.
- Flash icon: Activate or deactivate the flash.
- Rolling icon: Select the length of the delay before the camera automatically takes a photo.
- Effect icon: Select a filter effect to use when taking photos or recording videos. To download more effects, tap Download. To change the order of effects or hide effects from the list, tap Manage effects.
- Resolution icon: Select a resolution for photos. Using a higher resolution will result in higher quality photos, but they will take up more memory.
To access additional camera settings, open the preview screen and tap Settings > Menu.
- Beauty face: Set the device to take a photo with lightened faces for gentler images.
- Exposure value: Change the exposure value. This determines how much light the cameras sensor receives. For low-light situations, use a higher exposure.
- ISO: Select an ISO value. This controls camera light sensitivity. Low values are for stationary or brightly lit objects. Higher values are for fast-moving or poorly lit objects.However, higher ISO settings can result in noise in photos.
- White balance: Select an appropriate white balance, so images have a true-to-life color range.
- Metering modes: Select a metering method. This determines how light values are calculated. Center-weighted measures background light in the center of the scene. Spot measures the light value at a specific location. Matrix averages the entire scene.
- HDR (Rich tone): Use this to take photos with rich colors and reproduce details even in bright and dark areas.
- Tap to take pics: Tap the image on the preview screen to take photos.
- Video size: Select a resolution for videos. Using a higher resolution will result in higher quality photos, but they will take up more memory.
- Recording mode: Change the recording mode.
- Video stabilization: Activate anti-shake to reduce or eliminate blurriness resulting from camera shake while recording a video.
- Location tags: Attach a GPS location tag to the photo.
- To improve GPS signals, avoid shooting in locations where the signal may be obstructed, such as between buildings or in low-lying areas, or in poor weather conditions.
- Your location may appear on your photos when you upload them to the Internet. To avoid this, deactivate the location tag setting.
- Storage location: Select the memory location for storage.
Save as flipped: Invert the image to create a mirror-image of the original scene, when taking photos with the front camera.
- Grid lines: Display viewfinder guides to help composition when selecting subjects.
- Voice control: Set the device to take photos or record videos with voice commands.
- The volume key: Set the device to use the Volume key to control the shutter or zoom function.
- Review pics/videos: Set the device to show photos or videos after capturing them.
- Reset settings: Reset the camera settings.
- Help: View help information for using the camera.