How To Use Camera Settings - Samsung Galaxy Alpha
Learn how to use camera settings on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha. On the Apps screen, tap Camera > Settings icon. Not all of the following options are available in both still camera and video camera modes.
- Picture size: Select a resolution. Use higher resolution for higher quality. But it takes up more memory.
- Burst shots: Take a series of photos of moving subjects.
- Picture stabilization: Set the device to automatically detect darker conditions and adjust the brightness of the photo without the flash.
Note: This option is not available when you record videos.
- Face detection: Set the device to recognize people's face and help you take photos of them.
- ISO: Select an ISO value. This controls camera light sensitivity. It measured in film-camera equivalents. Low values are for stationary or brightly-lit objects. Higher value are for fast-moving or poorly-lit objects.
- Metering modes: Select a metering method. This determines how light values are calculated. Center-weighted measures background light in the center of the scene. Spot measures the light value at a specific location. Matrix averages the entire scene.
- Tap to take pics: Tap the image on the preview screen to take photos.
- Selective focus: Use this to take a photo with an out-of-focus effect. Refer to selective focus.
- Recording mode: Change the recording mode.
- Video stabilization: Activate or deactivate anti-shake. Anti-shake helps focus when the camera is moving.
- Audio zoom: Make the sound from the zoomed subject louder while recording.
- Effects: Select a filter effect to use when taking photos or recoding videos. To download more effects, tap Download. To change the order of effects or hide effects from the list, tap Manage effects.
- Flash: Activate or deactivate the flash.
- Timer: Use this for delayed-time shots.
- HDR(Rich tone): Use this to take photos with rich color and reproduce details even in bright and dark areas.
- Location tags: Attach a GPS location tag to the photo.
- To improve GPS signals, avoid shooting in locations where the signal may be obstructed, such as between buildings or in low-lying areas, or in poor weather conditions.
- Your location may appear on your photos when you upload them tho the Internet. To avoid this, deactivate the GPS tag setting.
- Review pics: Set the device to show photos or videos after capturing them.
- Remote viewfinder: Set the device to use as a viewfinder and control the other device to take photos or record videos. Refer to Remote viewfinder.
- White balance: Select an appropriate white balance, so image have a true-to-life color range. The setting are designed for specific lighting situations. These settings are similar to the heat range for white-balance exposure in professional cameras.
- Grid lines: Display viewfinder guides to help composition when selecting subjects.
- The volume key: Set the device to use the Volume button to control the shutter or zoom function.
- Voice control: Set the device to take photos with voice commands.
- Help: View help information for using the camera.
- Reset settings: Rest the camera settings.
Note: The available options vary depending on the mode used.
Click here to know more on Samsung Galaxy Alpha.