How To Use USB Tethering - Samsung Galaxy S5
Learn how to use USB Tethering on your Samsung Galaxy S5. This option allows you to share your devices mobile data connection via a direct USB connection between your device and a single computer.
- This option allows you to share your devices mobile data connection via a direct USB connection between your device and a single computer.
Note: You can not mount your devices microSD card to your computer while using the USB tethering feature. If additional software or USB drivers are required, navigate to:
To connect using USB Tethering:
- From the Home screen, tap Apps icon > Settings icon > Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot icon.
- Plug in the USB cable between your computer and your device.
- Tap USB tethering from the Tethering menu. This places a green check mark next to the entry and activates the feature. A Tethering or HotSpot active notification briefly appears on the screen. Look for the Tethering active icon in the Status bar area of the screen.
- Read the on-screen notification regarding data use and tap OK.
To disconnect tethering:
- From the Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot screen, tap USB tethering from the Tethering menu to remove the check mark and deactivate the feature.
- Remove the USB cable from the device.