How To Use Storage On Samsung Galaxy S4
Learn how to use the storage on your Samsung Galaxy S4. From this menu you can view the memory allocation for the memory card and USB as well as mount or unmount the SD card.
- For more information about mounting or unmounting the SD card, see Memory Card.
- To view the memory allocation for your external SD card:
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > More tab > Storage. The available memory displays under the Total space and Available space headings for both Device memory and SD card.
- Tap Unmount SD card to unmount your SD card so that you can safely remove it, and then tap OK.
- Tap Format SD card to format your SD card. This will delete all data on your SD card including music, videos, and photos.
- Tap Format SD card again.
- Tap Delete all to continue or press Back button to cancel.
Note: The Format SD card option is only available when your SD card is mounted.