How To Use Smart Connect - Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Learn how to use smart connect on your Sony Xperia Z Ultra. Use the Smart Connect application to set what happens in your device when you connect or disconnect an accessory. You can also use Smart Connect to set a specific action or a group of actions to launch on your device at certain times of the day. For example, when you connect your headset, you can create an event so that the following actions are launched on your device:
- Between 7am and 9am, when you commute to work, the "WALKMAN" applicationstarts, and the web browser opens the morning paper. The ring volume is set tovibrate.
- On the way back from work, the FM radio starts, and a notes app opens showing your shopping list.
To start the Smart Connect application
- From your Home screen, tap Apps icon.
- Find and tap Smart Connect.
To create a Smart Connect event
- Start the Smart Connection application. If you are opening Smart Connect for the first time, tap OK to close the introduction screen.
- On the Events tab, tap + icon.
- Give the event a name, then tap Create.
- Under When, add either an accessory or a time interval, or both.
- Under Do this, add what you want to happen in your device.
- Under At the end, add what you want to happen when you disconnect the accessory or when the time interval comes to an end. If both these conditions are set, the actions start either when you disconnect the accessory, or when the time interval comes to an end.
- To save the event, press back key.
Note: To add a Bluetooth accessory, you have to first pair it with your device.
To edit a Smart Connect event
- Start the Smart Connection application.
- On the Events tab, tap an event.
- If the event is switched off, drag the slider to the right.
- Adjust the settings as desired.
- To save the event, tap back key.
Note: To delete an incorrect entry, touch and hold the entry, then tap Menu icon > Delete event and tap Delete to confirm.