How To Use Small Apps - Sony Xperia Z2
Learn how to use small apps on your Sony Xperia Z2. You can get quick access to several small apps at any time using the small apps bar. A small app only takes up a small area of your screen, so you can interact with a small app and another application at the same time on the same screen.
For example, you can have a webpage open and then open the Calculator small app on top of it and perform calculations. You can download more small apps from Google Play.
To open a small app
- To make the small apps bar appear, press Task icon.
- Tap the small app that you want to open.
Note: You can open several small apps at the same time.
To close a small app
- Tap Close icon on the small app window.
To download a small app
- From the small apps bar, tap ^ icon, then tap + icon and tap Play Store icon.
- Search for the small app that you want to download, then follow the instructions to download it and complete the installation.
To move a small app
- When the small app is open, touch and hold the top left corner of the small app, then move it to the desired location.
To minimise a small app
- When the small app is open, touch and hold the top left corner of the small app, then drag it to the right edge or to the bottom edge of the screen.
To rearrange the small apps in the small apps bar
- Touch and hold a small app and drag it to the desired position.
To remove a small app from the small apps bar
- Touch and hold a small app, then drag it to Delete icon.
To restore a previously removed small app
- Open the small apps bar, then tap ^ icon.
- Touch and hold the small app that you want to restore, then drag it into the small apps bar.
To add a widget as a small app
- To make the small apps bar appear, press Task Key.
- Tap ^ icon > + icon > Small App icon.
- Select a widget.
- Enter a name for the widget, if desired, then tap OK.