How To Use Sleep Mode - HTC One M8
Learn how to use Sleep Mode on your HTC One M8. Sleep mode saves battery power by putting HTC One into a low power state while the display is off.
Onscreen navigation buttons
HTC One has onscreen navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen which rotate when you change the orientation.
- Back Key: Goes to the previous screen.
- Home Key: Goes to the home screen.
- Task Key: Shows thumbnails of the most recently used apps.
Swipe up from any of the navigation buttons to access Google search.
Sleep mode saves battery power by putting HTC One into a low power state while the display is off. It also stops accidental button presses when HTC One is in your bag.
Switching to Sleep mode
To turn off the display and switch to Sleep mode, you can:
- Briefly press the POWER button.
- Double-tap the lock screen.
HTC One also automatically goes into Sleep mode when its left idle for a while. You can change the time before HTC One sleeps by setting the screen timeout.
Waking up from Sleep mode
- Press the POWER button.
- Use Motion Launch to wake up and unlock your phone directly to an app or screen.