How To Use S Voice On Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Learn how to use S voice on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Perform various tasks simply by speaking.
Starting S Voice
- Tap S Voice on the all Apps screen. Alternatively, press the Home key twice.
Note: This app may not be available depending on the region or service provider.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- View the tutorial or tap Start to skip the tutorial.
Setting the language
- Tap Menu icon > Settings > Language, and then select a language.
Note: The selected language is applied to S Voice only, not to the language displayed on the device.
Using S Voice
- Tap S Voice on the all Apps screen. Alternatively, press the Home key twice. When S Voice is launched, the device begins voice recognition.
- Say a voice command.
- If the device recognizes the command, the device will perform the corresponding action. To repeat a voice command or say a different command, tap Mic icon.
- Tips for better voice recognition
- Speak clearly.
- Speak in quiet places.
- Do not use offensive or slang words.
- Avoid speaking in dialectal accents.
- The device may not recognize your commands or may perform unwanted commands depending on your surroundings or how you speak.
Waking up S Voice in standby mode
- If S Voice is not used for a certain period, it automatically switches to standby mode. Tap the microphone icon or say Hi Galaxy to the device to resume voice recognition.
Changing the wake-up command
You can change the wake-up command from Hi Galaxy. The wake-up command is used to resume voice recognition when the device is in standby mode.
- Tap Menu icon > Settings > Voice wake-up > Set wake-up command.
Using wake-up commands on the locked screen
On the locked screen, you can use various functions with preset wake-up commands.
- Tap Menu icon > Settings > Voice wake-up > Wake up while locked.