How To Use Private Mode On Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Learn how to use private mode on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Hide personal content in your device to prevent others from accessing it.
In private mode, you can hide items in Gallery, Video, Music, Voice Recorder, My Files, and S Note.
Setting up private mode
- On the All Apps screen, tap Settings > Private mode.
- Read the on-screen information and tap Next.
- Read the on-screen information about using this feature and tap Next.
- Tap Start, select a private mode access method, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- When the screen lock pop-up window appears after the setup, tap OK to change the screen lock method or tap Skip.
- Private mode is activated and the Private mode icon appears on the status bar.
- On the All Apps screen, launch an app to hide items.
- Select an item and tap Menu icon > Move to Private. If private mode is not activated, proceed to the next steps.
- Read the on-screen information and tap OK.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the preset private mode access code. The selected items will be moved to the private folder and disappear from the screen.
Note: If you hide an item when private mode is not activated, private mode will be enabled while the selected item is moved to the private folder and will be disabled again once the transfer is complete.
Viewing hidden content
You can only view hidden items when private mode is activated.
- On the All Apps screen, tap Settings > Private mode, and then tap the Private mode switch to activate it.
Alternatively, open the quick settings panel and tap Private mode to activate it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the preset private mode access code.
- On the All apps screen, tap My Files > Private. All items moved in private mode appear on the screen.
- In the private folder, select items to unhide.
- Tap Menu icon > Remove from Private.
- Select a folder to move the items to. The items will be moved to the selected folder.
Easy mode provides an easier user experience by using a simpler layout and bigger icons on the Home screen.
Switching to easy mode
- On the All Apps screen, tap Settings > Easy mode > Easy mode.
- Tick apps to apply a simpler layout.
- Tap Done.
Returning to standard mode
- Swipe to the left on the Home screen and tap Easy settings > Easy mode > Standard mode > Done.