How To Use Personal Hotspot On iPad Mini
You can use Personal Hotspot (on Wi-Fi + cellular models) to share an Internet connection with a computer or other devicesuch as an iPod touch or iPhoneconnected to your iPad via Wi-Fi. You can also use Personal Hotspot to share an Internet connection with a computer connected to iPad via Bluetooth or USB. Personal Hotspot works only if iPad is connected to the Internet over the cellular data network.
Note: This feature may not be available in all areas. Additional fees may apply. Contact your carrier for more information.
- Share an Internet connection: Go to Settings > General > Cellular and tap Set Up Personal Hotspotif it appearsto set up the service with your carrier.
After you turn on Personal Hotspot, other devices can connect in the following ways:
- W-Fi: On the device, choose your iPad from the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- USB: Connect your computer to iPad using the cable that came with it. In your computers Network preferences, choose iPad and configure the network settings.
- Bluetooth: On iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth. To pair and connect iPad with your device, refer to How to use Bluetooth.
When a device is connected, a blue band appears at the top of the iPad screen. Personal Hotspot remains on when you connect with USB, even when you arent actively using the Internet connection.
Note: The Personal Hotspot icon appears in the status bar of iOS devices using the Personal Hotspot.
- Change the Wi-Fi password for iPad: Go to Settings > Personal Hotspot > Wi-Fi Password, then enter a password of at least 8 characters.
- Monitor your cellular data network usage: Go to Settings > General > Usage > Cellular Usage.
Note: This article will work on all iPads using iOS 6; including iPad Mini, iPad 2, The New iPad (iPad 3), iPad 4 (iPad with Retina display).