How To Use Noise Cancellation On Sony Xperia Z3
Learn how to use noise cancellation on your Sony Xperia Z3. Your device supports noise canceling headsets. By using a noise canceling headset with your device,you can get much clearer audio quality when listening, for example, to music in a noisy environment, such as on a bus, a train or a plane. You can also use this eature to create a silent environment in which to study, work or read.
Note: To ensure optimal performance, noise canceling headsets from Sony are recommended.
To use a noise canceling headset
- Connect the noise canceling headset to your device.
- From your Home screen, tap Apps icon > Settings > Sound > Audio settings > Noise canceling,then drag the slider beside Noise canceling to the right.
- If you want Noise canceling to be enabled only during music or video playback or when the screen is active, mark the Power save mode checkbox.
- If you want Noise canceling to be enabled for as long as the headset is connected, unmark the Power save mode checkbox.
Note: A noise canceling headset may not be included with your device at purchase.
When a noise canceling headset is connected to your device for the first time, you can also select the noise canceling headset type by dragging down the status bar to open the Notification panel and then tapping Headphones connected.
To adjust the settings to the noise environment
- Make sure a noise canceling headset is connected to your device.
- From your Home screen, tap Apps icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Sound > Audio settings > Noise canceling > Noise environment.
- Select the relevant noise environment type, then tap OK.