How To Use Nike iPod App - iPhone 5C
Learn how to use Nike iPod app on your iPhone 5c.
At a glance
With a Nike + iPod Sensor (sold separately), the Nike + iPod app provides audible feedback on your speed, distance, time elapsed, and calories burned during a run or walk.
- The Nike + iPod app doesnt appear on the Home screen until you turn it on.
- Turn on Nike + iPod. Go to Settings > Nike + iPod.
Link and calibrate your sensor
Nike + iPod collects workout data from a wireless sensor (sold separately) that you attach to your shoe. Before you use it the first time, you need to link your sensor to iPhone.
- Shoe, meet iPhone. To link the sensor to iPhone, attach the sensor to your shoe, then go to Settings > Nike + iPod > Sensor.
- Be accurate. To calibrate Nike + iPod, record a workout over a known distance of at least a quarter mile (400 meters). Then, after you tap End Workout, tap Calibrate on the workout summary screen and enter the actual distance you covered.
- Try again. To reset to the default calibration, go to Settings > Nike + iPod.
- Go! To start a workout, tap Workouts, and choose a workout.
- Take a break. If you need to stop for a moment, take iPhone and tap pause icon on the Lock screen.
- Tap play icon when youre ready to continue.
- Finish. To end the workout, wake iPhone, tap pause icon , then tap End Workout.
- Post it. Send your workout data to nikeplus.com. Open Nike + iPod, tap History, then tap Send to Nike+. (You need to be connected to the Internet.)
- Progress! Review your progress on nikeplus.com. Open Safari, log in to your account on nikeplus.com, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Nike + iPod Settings
Go to Settings > Nike + iPod, where you can adjust settings for:
- Your power song
- The voice used for spoken feedback
- Units for distance
- Your weight
- Lock screen orientation