How To Use NeoReader On Sony Xperia Z
You can use NeoReader app to scan barcodes on your Sony Xperia Z. Use your phone as a barcode scanner to find out more about items you scan. For example, you see a coat in a magazine ad and want to find the nearest retail outlet to buy it. If the ad contains a readable barcode, the NeoReader application uses this code to access mobile web content, such as a web page with more product information or a map of nearby outlets. NeoReader supports most standard barcode types.
How to start the NeoReader application on Sony Xperia Z
- From the Home screen, tap Apps icon.
- Find and tap NeoReader.
How to scan a barcode on Sony Xperia Z
- When the NeoReader application is open, hold your device over the barcode until the complete barcode is visible in the viewfinder.
- Your device automatically scans the barcode, and vibrates when the barcode is recognized.
How to enter a barcode manually on Sony Xperia Z
- When the NeoReader application is open, tap Options icon.
- Enter the numbers of the barcode in the text field, then tap GO!.
NeoReader application menu overview
The following menu options are available in the NeoReader application:
- Tap to open more options
- Enter the barcode numbers manually. This option can be used if your camera has difficulty reading the barcode
- View a list of previously scanned barcodes
- View information about the NeoReader application. Read more about different barcode types, and about how to use NeoReader
- Select your personal settings, such as language or country. This information is used to personalize barcode content. Also, you can select preferences for how you use the NeoReader application
- Send a text message to invite a friend to download the NeoReader application