How To Use Music Player App - Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Learn how to use Music app on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The Music Player is an application that can play music files. The Music Player supports files with extensions AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, WMA, 3GP, MP4, and M4A. Launching the Music Player allows you to navigate through your music library, play songs, and create playlists (music files bigger than 300 KB are displayed).
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Music icon.
- Tap a library category at the top of the screen (Songs, Playlists, Albums, Artists, or Folders) to view the available music files.
- Scroll through the list of songs and tap an entry to begin playback.The following Music Player controls are available:
- Pause the song.
- Start the song after being paused.
- Press and hold to rewind the song. Tap to go to previous song.
- Press and hold to fast-forward the song. Tap to go to next song.
- Volume control and SoundAlive.
- Repeat one: repeats the currently playing song.
- Repeat all: replays the current list when the list ends.
- Play All: plays the current song list once.
- Shuffle On: the current list of songs are randomly shuffled for playback.
- Shuffle Off: songs play in order and are not shuffled.
- Lists the current playlist songs.
- Displays the current song in the player window.
- Provides access to the SoundAlive feature. Tap the Volume control icon to access this feature.
- Returns the user to the music category screen.
- Assign the current song as a Favorite.
- Streams the current music file to another device via Samsung Link.
- Press Menu key Settings to modify your Music settings.
- Press Menu key to access additional options.
Making a Song a Phone Ringtone
- From within the Music application, tap the Songs tab.
- Touch and hold a song from the list to reveal the on-screen context menu.
- Tap Set as > Phone ringtone.
- Choose a starting point for the ringtone to start playing from. Select either From the beginning or Auto recommendations (you can allow the application to choose the best part to start from).
- Select Done.
Note: Additional Set as options include Caller ringtone and Alarm tone.