Learn how to use the Music apps on your iPhone 5. You can use Music apps for playing music and sharing. Continue reading on how to use it.
Getting music iPhone 5
Get music and other audio content onto iPhone:
- Purchase and download from the iTunes Store: In Music, tap Store.
- Automatically download music purchased on your other iOS devices and computers: See How to use iCloud on iPhone 5.
- Sync content with iTunes on your computer: See How to Sync with iTunes on iPhone 5.
- Use iTunes Match to store your music library in iCloud
Playing music on iPhone 5
You can listen to audio from the built-in speaker, headphones attached to the headset jack, or wireless Bluetooth stereo headphones paired with iPhone. When headphones are attached or paired, no sound comes from the speaker.
- Play a track: Browse by playlist, artist, song, or other category, then tap the track.
- See additional browse buttons: Tap More.
- Change which browse buttons appear at the bottom: Tap More, tap Edit, then drag an icon over the button you want to replace.
- The Now Playing screen shows you whats playing, and provides playback controls.
- Lyrics appear on the Now Playing screen if youve added them to the song using the songs Info window in iTunes and youve synced iPhone with iTunes.
- Display additional controls (iPhone 4S or earlier): Tap the album artwork on the Now Playing screen to display the scrubber bar and playhead, and the Repeat, Genius, and Shuffle buttons.
- Skip to any point in a song: Drag the playhead along the scrubber bar. Slide your finger down to slow down the scrub rate.
- Shake to shuffle: Shake iPhone to turn on shuffle, and to change songs. To turn Shake to Shuffle on or off, go to Settings > Music.
- See all tracks on the album containing the current song: Tap All Tracks icon. To play a track, tap it.
- Search music (titles, artists, albums, and composers): While browsing, tap the status bar to reveal the search field at the top of the screen, then enter your search text. You can also search audio content from the Home screen. See How to search on iPhone 5.
- Display audio controls while in another app: Double-click the Home button, then swipe the multitasking bar to the right. Swipe right again to display a volume control and the AirPlay button (when in range of an Apple TV or AirPlay speakers).
- Display audio controls while the screen is locked: Double-click the Home button.
- Play music on AirPlay speakers or Apple TV: Tap Stream icon. See How to use AirPlay on iPhone 5.
Cover Flow iPhone 5
- When you rotate iPhone, your music content appears in Cover Flow.
- Browse albums in Cover Flow: Drag left or right.
- See the tracks on an album: Tap the album artwork or Help icon. Drag up or down to scroll; tap a track to play it.
- Return to the artwork: Tap the title bar, or tap Help icon again.
Podcasts and audiobooks on iPhone 5
- On iPhone 5, podcast and audiobook controls and info appear on the Now Playing screen when you begin playback.
Note: The Podcasts app is available for free in the App Store. If you install the Podcasts app, podcast content and controls are removed from Music.
- Show or hide the controls and info (iPhone 4S or earlier): Tap the center of the screen.
- Get more podcast episodes: Tap Podcasts (tap More first, if Podcasts isnt visible), then tap a podcast to see available episodes. To download more episodes, tap Get More Episodes.
- Hide lyrics and podcast info: Go to Settings > Music, then turn off Lyrics & Podcasts Info.
This article will work on all iPhones using iOS 6; including iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5.