How To Use Mobile HotSpot – Samsung Galaxy Alpha
Learn how to use mobile hotspot on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha. Use this feature to share the device’s mobile data connection with computers and other devices if an internet connection is unavailable. Connections can be made via WiFi, USB or Bluetooth.
Note: You may incur additional charges when using this features.
Using the mobile hotspot
Use your devices as a mobile hotspot to share your device’s mobile data connection with other devices.
- On the Apps screen, tap Setting > Tethering and Mobile hotspot > Mobile hotspot.
- Tap the Mobile hotspot switch to activate it.
- WiFi icon appears on the status bar. Other devices can find your device in the WiFi networks list.
- To set a password for the mobile hotspot, tap Menu icon > Configure hotspot and select the level of security. Then, enter a password and tap Save.
- On the other device’s screen, search for and select your devices from the WiFi networks list.
- On the connected device, use the device’s mobile data connection to access the internet.
Mobile hotspot Setting
Use the device as a mobile hotspot to share the device’s mobile data connection with other devices.
- Mobile hotspot: Use the mobile hotspot to share the device’s mobile data connection with computers or other devices through the Wi-Fi network. You can use this feature when the network connection is not available.
Note: The connection method may vary depending on the connected devices.