How To Use Messages - Nokia Lumia Icon
Learn how to use messages on your Nokia Lumia Icon. Stay in touch with your friends, and send them text or multimedia messages, or start chatting. You can open messages directly from the Start screen.
- Tap Messaging icon.
- You can send and receive different kinds of messages:
- Text messages
- Multimedia messages that contain attachments, such as photos
- Chat messages
- Messages and chats between you and a particular contact are arranged into conversations.
- When you want to get in touch with a contact, your phone can help you pick the best method. If your contact is signed in to a chat service, you can start chatting. Otherwise, you can send a text message instead.
- If you make contact groups containing, for example, family or colleagues, you can send a message to a group.
- In the messaging settings, you can set your phone to back up your messages to SkyDrive. If you change to a new Windows Phone device, you can get your messages to your new phone during the setup.
- You can send text messages that are longer than the character limit for a single message. Longer messages are sent as two or more messages. Your service provider may charge accordingly. Characters with accents, other marks, or some language options, take more space, and limit the number of characters that can be sent in a single message.
- Using services or downloading content may cause the transfer of large amounts of data, which may result in data costs.