How To Use Message Options - Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Learn how to use message options on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. This section describes how to send and receive different types of messages. It also includes the features and functionality associated with messaging.
Options before composing a message
- From the main Home screen, tap Messaging icon.
- Before composing a message, press to reveal additional messaging options:
- Search: allows you to search through all of your messages for a certain word or string of words. Enter a search string in the Messaging Search window and tap Search icon.
- Delete threads: allows you to delete any message thread. Select the messages to delete and a green checkmark will appear next to the message. Tap Delete.
- Draft messages: displays the draft messages folder and its contents.
- Locked messages: displays the locked messages folder and its contents.
- Scheduled messages: displays the scheduled messages folder and its contents.
- Spam messages: displays the spam messages folder and its contents.
Options while composing a message
While composing a message, press to reveal additional messaging options.
- Insert smiley: allows you to add emoticons, such as a happy face to your message.
- Add text: allows you to copy text from your contacts, calendar, or from a memo to add to your message.
- Add to Contacts: allows you to add the recipient to your Contacts list. This option only appears if the recipient is not already in your Contacts list.
- View contact: allows you to see information on the recipient. This option only appears if the recipient is in your Contacts list.
- Add slide: allows you to add a new page to a message.
- Add recipients: allows you to add additional recipients.
- Scheduling: allows you to schedule a time for the current message to be delivered.
- Add to spam numbers: allows you to register the number as spam.
- Remove from spam numbers: allows you to unregister a number from the spam number list. This option only appears if the number was previously registered as spam.
- Discard: allows you to delete the message.
Note: You must be logged into your Samsung account prior to using the S Translator feature.
- Translate: launches a Translate popup menu. Here you can both assign the senders original language and assign a target language for the recipient (they will receive your message in the designated language).Enable the translate feature then configure the available options as desired. Tap OK to store the new settings.